Countries from which entry to the UK is banned – ‘red list’ countries.
If you have been in or through any of the countries listed below in the previous 10 days, you will be refused entry to the UK.
If you are a British or Irish National, or you have residence rights in the UK, you will be able to enter. You must quarantine in a government approved hotel for 10 days. You cannot use the Test to Release scheme.
- Cape Verde
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- French Guiana
- Portugal (including Madeira and the Azores)
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Coronavirus testing before travel to the UK
You must have proof of a negative coronavirus test to enter the UK. Read about:
- coronavirus testing for people travelling to England
- coronavirus testing for people travelling to Northern Ireland
- coronavirus testing for people travelling to Scotland
- coronavirus testing for people travelling to Wales
Coronavirus testing and quarantine on arrival in the UK
Find out about the new rules on: