Free IELTS Mock Test
IELTS Mock Test by Mentor Merlin is designed to check how long you need to prepare for the IELTS Band 7 score. In this IELTS Mock Test you can assess all 4 the modules; Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing with feedback for the trainer. The highlight of the Mock Test is that you will get the review free of cost and also will get a live Speaking session. Mentor Merlin is the first IELTS trainer to provide no-cost review and live speaking module to the candidate.
Free NMC CBT Mock Test
Mentor Merlin is the leading NMC CBT Online Training provider. Our Free CBT Online Practice is in the exact format of UK NMC CBT- 120 questions in 4 hours with full step answers. This NMC CBT Mock Test includes more than 750 NMC CBT questions covering 101 topics. Listing 100’s of the most frequently asked NMC CBT exam questions and answers for nurses. NMC CBT Online Practice will make you more confident. Try Free NMC CBT Mock Test by clicking the button below.
UK NMC CBT- EVERYTHING AN OVERSEAS NURSE NEEDS TO KNOW
What is UK NMC CBT?
Computer-based test CBT is the part 1 test of competence of United Kingdom Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) for nurses and midwives trained outside of the European Union (EU)/ European Economic Area (EEA) to get registration for working in the UK health sector. NMC CBT is a multiple choice test of theoretical practice-based knowledge done at a Pearson VUE test center available in most countries around the world.
Why UK NMC CBT?
Since October 2014, nurses and midwives seeking UK registration who are trained outside the European Economic Area must pass the NMC test of competence. The test is divided into two parts and measures applicants against current UK pre-registration education standards. It assesses the essential professional knowledge, skills, and attitudes required for safe and effective nursing or midwifery practice in the UK.
The distinct nursing fields in the UK are:
- Adult nursing
- Children’s nursing
- Learning disabilities nursing
- Mental health nursing
Note: Each of these fields is specifically tested by a distinct CBT. Candidates have to attend the CBT of their professional field of practice in which he or she is seeking UK registration.
How to apply for NMC CBT?
The test of competence requires overseas nurses to complete an online application process. Nurses can register on the NMC website. (A paper-based process will also be available on request but will take longer to process.)
Part 1 test of competence (CBT) costs £130
What is the Structure of the NMC CBT?
The structure of the Nursing CBT
The nursing CBT is made up of 120 multiple choice questions. These questions must be completed in a maximum of four hours.
- 50 questions will relate to generic nursing found in each domain of nursing.
- 50 questions will be the application of generic nursing based on the filed the applicant applied to
- 20 questions will focus solely on the specific competencies required for the field of nursing being applied for.
There are 20 critical questions within the exam which focus on patient or public safety.
The structure of Midwifery CBT
The midwifery CBT consist of 120 questions and time duration is 4 hours.
- 60 questions will be on general theoretical and technical instruction for midwives.
- 60 questions will assess subject’s specific to the midwives activities.
There are 20 critical questions which focus on the patient or public safety within this 120 questions.
What is the passing score of NMC CBT?
The decision, a candidate passes or fails the CBT is determined by both critical questions and an overall pass mark. A candidate must answer 90 percent of critical questions correctly.
The overall pass score is set as 60 percent. This is the benchmark for nurses and midwives for the entry to the UK register.
How to prepare for UK NMC CBT?
UK NMC CBT can be prepared by logging in to www.mentormerlinexam.com , the only web site providing answers with explanation. A dedicated team works 7 days a week to get new questions from attending candidates, prepares their answers with full explanation and provides free mock tests with clear feedback.
NMC CBT paid practice is also available in the website with different packages at very affordable rates. Also experience the support from the team and members in very active social media’s like WhatsApp and Facebook.
How to answer NMC CBT?
Nurses should spend no more than 2 minutes on each question. Always select the answer that is the ‘most’ correct from the given options. Candidate can review answers and change them if they wish. Candidates will be given a short tutorial before starting the examination on how to use the computer.
Note: NMC CBT does not use negative scoring if a question is not answered.
What are the basics to be followed while attending NMC CBT?
- Nurses must use only the provided computer for taking the CBT.
- On experiencing any hardware or software problems during the examination, notify the TA by raising the hand immediately.
- Nurses can request earplugs from the TA; it is not acceptable to bring one’s own earplugs.
- Nurses will be provided with an erasable note board and marker before entering the testing room.
- Nurses must only write on the erasable note board after the tutorial is complete.
- A clean note board can be requested during your CBT by raising the hand.
- Nurses must return the erasable note board and marker to the TA after testing is completed.
- Nurses must only write on the provided erasable note board.
What are the Do’s and Dont’s during UK NMC CBT?
- The results of the CBT must be an accurate reflection of the authorized candidate’s knowledge and professional skills as a
nurse or midwife.
- To attract the TA’s attention for any reason, raise the hand.
- Do not take or attempt to take the CBT for anyone else.
- Do not allow or attempt to allow anyone else to take the CBT for you
- Do not tamper with or attempt to tamper with the computer or use the computer for anything other than taking the CBT
- Do not engage in any behavior deemed to be disruptive at any time while in the test center or when taking the CBT or during
any break from testing
- Any writing before or during the tutorial is considered ‘brain dumping’ and will result in an incident report to NMC and
hence results being placed on hold, pending an investigation.
- Do not remove or attempt to remove the erasable note board and marker from the testing room
- Do not write on any materials, including your hands, arms or body. This action will be considered cheating and will result in
an incident report to NMC and the results will be placed on hold pending investigation.
How to know NMC CBT result?
Nurses will receive a Pass or Fail result. Examination results will be emailed to candidates within 48 hours after taking the examination. Nurses can also obtain their results within 48 business hours by logging in to their Pearson VUE account which is created while booking the exam.
What happens if a candidate fails the first NMC CBT attempt?
Candidates can resit for second attempt. But must wait for a minimum of 28 days between the first and second attempt of the examination.
How many times can an overseas nurse attempt NMC CBT?
NMC initially allows two attempts of the CBT. The nurse must receive authorization (ATT) to take the test from NMC before one can book and pay for their exam with Pearson VUE.
Further attempts will be allowed after a period of six months, it is to ensure adequate preparation and revision time. Nurses may also need to take the self-assessment again to see eligible for further attempts. For this contact www.mentormerlinexam.com
What is the validity of NMC CBT?
Overseas nurses must complete the entire application process within two years of passing the CBT. If unable to do this, nurses have to re-sit CBT and begin a new application with NMC.
Syllabus of NMC CBT
The majority of topics tested in the CBT are written at the level of knowledge, comprehension, and application. Higher order skills are tested more comprehensively in part 2 of the test of competence, the OSCE.
- The entry-level domains, competencies and essential skills are based on pre-registration nursing and midwifery UK education standards.
- The Code: Standards of conduct, performance, and ethics for nurses and midwives
- Critical questions relate to patient and public safety, for example, medication calculations.
- The standards for competence which identify the knowledge, skills, and attitudes required for entry into each domains of nursing.
What is the pass percentage of UK NMC CBT?
The first CBT was taken in November 2014 and since then a total of 13380 CBTs have been delivered with an overall pass rate of 76%. In the quarter ending December 2017 an average of 579 tests were delivered each month.
The CBT comprises of 120 multiple-choice questions. All questions are scored as correct or incorrect and there is no partial credit. A small number of questions will not be scored as they are pre-test questions, these questions will not be indicated to candidates.
A proportion of questions will be critical and relate to patient and public safety. Critical questions must be passed.
The time limit for direct testing is four hours and this includes any breaks from testing, which are optional.
Answering the CBT questions
- Maintain a reasonable pace, spending a maximum of two minutes on each item.
- Always select the answer you believe to be the ‘most’ correct from the options offered.
- You can review answers and change them if you wish. The CBT does not use negative scoring if a question is not answered, so randomly selecting answers or guessing answers will not improve your result.
Join Now to the FULL NMC Part 1 Crack Course